25 Jul Public invited to provide input on proposal to reorganize school district
Residents of Clark County are invited to participate in one of eight town hall meetings to learn about and provide input into a proposed plan to reorganize the Clark County School District. The meetings are hosted by Clark County commissioners and are required under Nevada Assembly Bill 394.
Residents will have an opportunity to express their opinion on the preliminary findings and proposed plan, which reorganizes the Clark County School District into school precincts, giving principals more autonomy from the central administration. For detailed information, visit the Nevada Legislature’s website at http://bit.ly/29KKx4p.
The meetings will be held:
- Thursday, July 28 at 6 p.m. at the Henderson Convention Center, 200 S. Water St. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Mary Beth Scow.
- Monday, Aug. 1 at 6 p.m. at Silver Mesa Recreation Center, 4025 Allen Lane in North Las Vegas. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Marilyn Kirkpatrick.
- Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. at Sierra Vista High School, 8100 W. Robindale Road. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Steve Sisolak.
- Wednesday, Aug. 3 at 6 p.m. at Northwest Career and Technical Academy, 8200 W. Tropical Parkway. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Marilyn Kirkpatrick on behalf of County Commissioner Larry Brown.
- Thursday, Aug. 4 at 6 p.m. at the Clark County Fairgrounds Fine Arts Building, 1301 Whipple Ave. in Logandale. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Marilyn Kirkpatrick.
- Monday, Aug. 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Desert Breeze Community Center, 8275 Spring Mountain Road. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Susan Brager.
- Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 6 p.m. at the Clark County Government Center Commission Chambers, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Lawrence Weekly.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10 at 6 p.m. at Winchester Cultural Center, 3130 McLeod Drive. It will be hosted by County Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani.
For more information, click here.